Sunday, March 29, 2009

The President of Ukraine Viktor Yuschenko have visited Czech Republic (Prague) with his wife Katerina. For coinsidence and luck I got to attend most of the public events he has appeared at:
  • European Banking and Financial Forum 2009 (see program), where he gave an opening speech on the 2nd day. The key message - Ukraine will not default on it's international debt obligations.
  • Saw him at the ceremony of putting the flowers to the monument of CZ soldiers. In photos.
JOURNALISTIC CASE:
Also at this time I was asked for the interview by UA crew (Lena Skobalo / Елена Скобало as appears on the post it note contact that I got) of ICTV. I have answered the questions about where I'm from, what do I do in Prague, how the crisis is being felt by Czechs, how it is being effecting me personally.

I have heard from one of my classmates - who reported over odnoklassniki.ru that he saw/heard me on the ICTV in the repport highlighting the President's visit to Prague, where I was saying something in support of UA financial policy and something related to possible foreseen credits from EU. I was more then surprised.

Honestly if you have seen something like this it would mean a montage in the TV studio of ICTV. Despite the fact that I do support the current UA government (both President and Prime-Minister) I believe that using me for faking and delivering message publicly on the ICTV is a bad practice to motivate UA citizens to practice their freedom of speech. Presenting what I was not in fact saying is a breaking of the journalistic ethics and morals. Well done ICTV!!!

Now I'm waiting form more feedback from my friends who could possibly saw that curios report to actually reconfirm if my words were manipulated.

Also then I doubt this case could have a long lasting effect, more then an angry letter to the ICTV studio and few angry sms to Lena. :-)
  • And been to the official opening of the monument to Taras Schevchenko (UA writer). Unfortunately no photos of this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment